Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
Per federal, state, local, and CDC guidelines, ALL activities at the church have been cancelled until further notice. This includes both church groups and outside groups.
The office will be open: Kathy will be in the office weekdays, except for Wednesdays, 11:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Church in other words: We are working on having a weekly Sunday “Scripture, Prayers, and Devotional” video, accessible from our website at www.GeneseoMethodist.org. We’re figuring out how to do this and working out the kinks, but are planning on having one ready to go for this Sunday.
Keeping Connected, let us know:
- If you would like someone to check in with you on a regular basis to make sure everything is okay, or just to hear a friendly voice
- If you need help with something (grocery shopping, doctor’s appointments, child care…)
- If you are exposed to, or have contracted the COVID-19 virus, please let us know. We want to be in prayer for you.
Sunday morning offering: We understand that some of you may be out of work for a number of weeks and finances will be tight. However, if you are able, consider:
- mailing your offering to the church (4520 Genesee Street, Geneseo, NY 14454)
- make payments through online banking, by having your bank mail a check to the church
- drop off your offering in the black mailbox that’s next to the exterior door on the office end of the building. Kathy will check the box daily during the week.
- we will be looking into setting up online payment through our website via PayPal.
Again, we understand if you are not able to continue your
pledge at this time, but if you are, we would very much appreciate your
utilizing one of the methods above. Just like you, we still have bills to
Something to think about… The American Red Cross now faces a severe blood shortage due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed to donate now to help patients counting on lifesaving blood. Donating blood is a safe process and people should not hesitate to give or receive blood. Right now, eligible and healthy donors are strongly urged to make an appointment to give soon. For more information visit https://www.redcross.org/give-blood.html
As we’re sure you know, the situation is changing on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. We will continue to post updates on our website and Facebook pages, and via email. Stop back frequently for updates (and to see if we succeeded in uploading and sharing Sunday’s message).