We tend to be impatient people, but as God’s people we need to learn to… … wait; because God’s time isn’t our time.
God’s promises do not pass away
- Psalm 148: 1-5
Celebrate the birth of our Savior with this hymn, “Il Est Ne (He Is Born).
- Promises to Abraham – Genesis 12:1-3 and Genesis 15:5
- Promise to Moses – Deuteronomy 18:18
- Promise to David – 2 Samuel 7:16
- Isaiah’s prophesy – Isaiah 9:6-7
Why was it the “fullness of time”
- Politically – “Pax Romana,” the Roman Peace
- Culturally – Greek Language and culture brought an element of cohesion to the Roman Empire
- Spiritually – The Good News was able to spread rapidly
His kingdom is not an earthly one
- John 18:36
- Luke 17:20-21
Promises are being fulfilled in two installments… now … but not yet
With Jesus, the kingdom of God really did start… but did not finish
- Ephesians 1:13-14
God’s gift to us… “Love Came Down at Christmas.”
When Jesus returns we will have the fullness of our inheritance. In the meantime we need to keep on waiting.
- Revelation 22:7
- Revelation 22:12
- 2 Peter 3:8
In the fullness of God’s time, we will see the final instalment of all that God has promised us.
Share your insights and thoughts below. You can also share prayer requests below. Please remember that this is a public forum and be respectful of people’s privacy. If you prefer, you may call the Church Office at (585) 243-3160 to activate the Prayer Chain.
Help support our missions and ministries. Find out how at http://www.geneseomethodist.org/donate
Thank you for joining us for worship! If you are having trouble opening the video here, follow this DIRECT LINK to our YouTube page. If you’re still having problems, please let us know in the comments below so that we can fix it.