It has been said that it takes a village to raise a child, but at GUMC, we think it takes a church! Programs for families with children of all ages are very important here.
- Programs for families – throughout the year, different programs have been offered. Spiritual development programs include learning about communion, baptism, Advent and Holy Week. Fellowship programs include hiking, catch and release fishing, visits to a farm and many more. These happen mostly on the weekends outside of Sunday morning worship/Sunday School.
- Children’s Moment – There is a children’s message each Sunday at both worship services on a scripture that connects with the sermon.
- Sunday School – Age-appropriate learning and growing opportunities take place almost every Sunday during the school year. Classes are for children and youth ages 3-18. Age-appropriate classrooms are set up from our pre-school, with a wonderful mural, to our Senior High classroom with multiple couches for comfort!
- Nursery care – our little ones are important too. Our Nursery worker provides consistent care for children, from birth – 3 years, from 8 am – noon. Older children who find it difficult to sit through the entire 10:30 service are also welcome in the nursery (See Junior Church for 8:30 service).
- Junior Church – Following the Children’s Moment in the 8:30 service, a Junior Church program is provided for children ages 3-8 that includes an age appropriate message.
- Choirs – Under the direction of Beth Feuerstein, we have several age-specific choirs that occasionally sing during worship time. Practice times can be found in the bulletin each Sunday.
- GUMY (Geneseo United Methodist Youth) – Our youth group, for grades 6-12, usually meets the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month during the school year. Besides food and fellowship, GUMY helps with church functions, goes on mission trips and participates in District and Conference-wide activities.