We would love to have you come and spend some time with us. There are many different ways you can do this:
On Sundays, you will find our doors open:
– For worship at 8:30 – This service is a contemporary one. It opens with songs led by our Praise team of guitars, piano, drums and vocals. The service includes a children’s message, as well as prayer time, a Biblically-based sermon and a video during the offering time. Dress is casual. There is also a “Junior Church” time for children 2nd grade and younger.
– For worship at 10:30 – This service is done in a traditional style. Music includes hymns played on the organ and an anthem provided by our choir. This service also includes a children’s message, prayer time, a Biblically-based sermon and silent reflection.
There is child care provided during each service. The church building is all on one level, making it accessible to all.
Growing in our walks with God is an important part of who we are.
– Family Life Ministries: Sunday School, a part of Family Life Ministries, is offered between the two services for children of pre-school age through high school. We also have a youth group for children/youth from grades 6-12 that meets every other Sunday evening (see calendar).
– Bible studies, book studies and movies are offered at various times during the week and throughout the year. See our “Growing in your walk with God” page for current and upcoming offerings. These are open to ALL – you do not need to be a member of the church or to even worship here to attend a class or study.
– Prayer is a vital part of our faith community. Find for more information on prayer at GUMC, and see how we incorporate prayer into the life of our church, or to leave a prayer request for yourself or a friend on our “Prayerful” page.
On Sundays, we gather together for fellowship between services. Enjoy a hot cup of coffee or tea or some cold lemonade or punch and get to know the people who are Geneseo UMC.
Other fellowship opportunities occur throughout the year. Check our Calendar, join our Facebook page for notification of upcoming fellowship events, or visit our Events page for recent offerings. Find a few of our other group activities here.
If you are a college student, check out the Wesley Christian Fellowship.
You are welcome to get involved in a variety of programs and ministries here at GUMC. We have many opportunities to give of your time and talents through sharing and caring, such as volunteering at our Parish Outreach Center or sewing with our “Bazaar” Ladies on Wednesdays!
The church office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 10:30 and 4:30 should you have any questions. You can always contact us through the website or by phone at 585-243-3160.
We look forward to meeting you (and we have a small gift for you when we do!!!)
Our Mission is to follow in Jesus’ footsteps as a welcoming, caring, giving and prayerful community of faith. We invite you to explore our website to see more about how we are living out this mission with God’s help.